Motor Trade Insurance Solutions – About Us

Motor Trade Insurance 

Motor Trade Insurance, also known as Traders Insurance is a necessity for anybody who deals with vehicles as part of business operations and for anybody who operates in the buying, selling or repairing of vehicles in a commercial capacity.

This definition extends far and wide, and covers most professions that actively deal with vehicles - such as car dealers, mechanics, valeters, tyre fitters and car washes. Working in the motor trade means that you must protect yours and your customer’s vehicles, as well as your premises, stock, tools and any cash that you carry.

You’ll need motor-specific business insurance policies if your company has customers’ vehicles under its control, care or custody. Motor trade insurance will also be needed for businesses dealing with sales, covering the firm for things such as the demonstrating, collecting and delivering of vehicles.

Whether you're buying and selling vehicles, carrying out repairs and servicing, valeting or offering a roadside breakdown cover service, you will find that we have the right motor traders’ policy for your needs.

Types of Motor Trade Insurance Policies

We typically offer two types of Insurance policies- either a road risks policy, or a combined policy.

(I) Road Risks :-

A Road Risks policy will give you cover while trading from home. A comprehensive Road Risks policy will give you protection from Theft, Fire, Vandalism and Accidental Damage to vehicles stored at your home address. Having road risks cover on your trade insurance means you’ll be able to drive your own vehicles, plus those that aren’t yours for the purpose of carrying out your job. Road risks are a must with a motor trade policy.

(II) Combined Premises :-

Combined cover is needed if you operate your business from business premises. If you have a forecourt or a garage that is separate from your home address, then you will need a combined trader’s insurance policy. We can often work with underwriters to include additional benefits into you policy in this case - such as covering your stock of vehicles against theft or damage.

(III) Other Occupations :-

If you're a part-time motor trader, then you may require cover for your other occupation. However, this must be clarified at quotation stage as some underwriters won’t cover certain occupations. We can often secure additional terms to cover your commuting to and from a place of work - but this depends on your occupation.

Why work with us ?

We have been specialising in motor trade insurance for 18 years. We have competitive motor trade insurance facilities arranged with a range of insurers and underwriters that specialise in the motor trade industry.

Our motor trade product is suitable for various types of motor traders such as main dealerships, new and used vehicle dealers, MOT stations, mechanical repairers, vehicle body repairers, commercial vehicle repairers or body repairers.

We have a strong team of Account Executives which cover areas from Scotland to Brighton who are backed by a competent team of Account Handlers who have a vast amount of experience in dealing with motor trade policies. 

Each motor trade policy we sell is backed-up by excellent customer service, competitive premiums and flexible terms for your motor trade business. 

We have the experience and knowledge to ensure that our motor trade product can meet your demands and needs at an equitable price. 

The product covers the following areas:
  • Material Damage
  • Business Interruption
  • Goods In Transit
  • Vehicles In Transit
  • Loss of Business Money
  • Wrongful Conversion
  • Employers Liability
  • Public Liability
  • Defective Workmanship
  • Road Risks
  • Commer. Legal Expenses
  • Personal Accident
  • Directors’ & Officers
  • Professional Indemnity
Quick Contact

Motor Trade Insurance Solutions

29, Dingwall Road, Croydon, CR0 2NB, UK.

Tel : 020 8256 1000

Copyright @ Motorinsurance ltd 2015-2018.
All right reserved.

Motor Trade Insurance Solution is a trading name of RA Insurance Brokers Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Reference 310759. Registered in England No 03248029.